Thursday 10 March 2011

Shell Stitch Beanie


This is my all new obsession. It was really brought on by the birth of my fourth child, my daughter Elizabeth. It has been a really cold winter, and although she has a full head of hair, I still like her to have a hat on when we go out. But of course she can't just wear the same old hat each time. I've made her one for almost every outfit she has! This also has resulted in many google searches for free patterns (I'm thrifty). When I couldn't find what I was looking for I started browsing Etsy and other places online. I decided that I could probably figure out patterns just by looking at pictures and I was right. Now I just pick up yarn and have a general idea of where I'm going with a hat and it just comes together. I've had many people suggest selling them in boutiques etc. around town. I started an album on Facebook just to see if there would be any interest And within a few minutes of posting that album I had most of them sold!  I love these because I am a very busy mom, and its something small and beautiful that I can complete in about an hour in the evening while I relax with my super awesome husband Jay. The pattern for the beanie can be found here.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, just wanted to say thanks so much for these lovely patterns, but as I live in New Zealand I was wondering if instead of the $5 I could give you a modified rimmed version for your hats, and a pukeko and a kiwi bird option that I have made? Cheers nat

    ReplyDelete

Little flying ace hat, scarf and boot FREE PATTERN!

 I have been wanting to do this little set for a while, and was thrilled when a friend ordered it for her new grand-baby. I can't wait...