Let me know if there are any problems with this pattern. THanks for looking!
Materials: variegated yarn
solid color yarn in matching color.
Hook size: G
Guage 11dc and 9 rows=4" (approx)
This pattern will fit newborn-3 month old baby
with variegated yarn ch 2
1. 7sc in first ch
2. 2sc in each of 7sc. Place marker. (14sc)
3.2sc in next st. sc in nect st continue around to marker. move marker (21sc)
4. 2sc in next st. sc in next 2 st. continue around to marker. Move marker (28sc)
5. ch2. dc in same st as ch2. dc in next 3 sts. *2dc in next sc. dc in next 3 sts.* continue around. join with sl st to top of ch 2. (35 dc) place marker. This is the BACK of the hat.
6. ch2. dc in same st as ch2. dc in next 4 sts. *2dc in next sc. dc in next 4 sts.* continue around. join with sl st to top of ch 2. (42 dc)
7. ch2. dc in same st as ch2. dc in next 5 sts. *2dc in next sc. dc in next 5 sts.* continue around. join with sl st to top of ch 2. (49 dc)
8. ch 2. dc in same st and each stitch around. join with sl st to top of ch 2. Continue in pattern 6 more rows. Fasten off.
1. using contrasting color attach yarn 16st from back of hat.ch 2. dc in same st and dc 17 sts across fron of hat.ch 1 turn.
3.sc2tog. sc all the way accross to the last 2 sts. sc2tog. sc again in the last st.
4. work 2 sc evenly down the side of brim, sc around the base of hat to opposite side of brim. work 2 sc evenly up side of brim and across front of brim. sl st down side of brim and fasten off, weaving in ends.
DC in fourth ch from hook. dc across to first ch. ch 3 and attach to first ch of foundation row. Fasten off.
Sew evenly on to hat over brim and attach buttons using darning needle.
For a list of crochet stitches and how to make them go here.
**You may use this pattern to sell items, but I request that a link or credit be given back to this site** This is a ©Knotty Knotty Crochet pattern, and may not under any circumstances be sold in whole or in part. Duplication is by written permission only.